Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Remember when...

Jeeze.  I think I'm officially old.   And there are so many meters... grandpa ear hairs, the memory loss, but the thing I really notice is the speed.  Where does the time go?  Time is so weird. On one hand I feel like this has been the longest year of my life having my first home and garden... but on the other it went by in a flash. And 2011 is already whizzing by.

In any case I was thinking today about the age of the garden, not quite a year old yet.  I'm amazed at how full and mature it looks. I ponder on what will the next year bring, the next ten. How will the areas change over time? Will I get bored and change them? Will the hedge ever satisfy my need for privacy on this populous street?

Remember when the garden looked like this? Weedy uncared for Bermuda lawn, flat and without a single surprise.  What a year.

Next post... a tour today...




Mid April 2010, boardwalk in place, with no plants? How perfectly ridiculous it looks! Look at the haystack of weeds and Bermuda grass.





1 comment:

  1. looks like a beautiful bungalow to me! and lots of space to play with. nothing like a blank canvas! can't wait to see what you are doing with it.

    ReplyDelete