Tuesday, October 5, 2010

For everything there is a season

No one said the nursery business was easy.  

A couple of weeks ago I got a call from a friend who works at a specialty nursery.  She wondered if I had heard that Cottage Nursery Gardens had closed.   I hadn't but of course being friendly with Jamie and Stacie I wanted to find out what had happened.  Through the grapevine and a bit of detective work it was determined that Jamie and Stacie were focusing on their fairy gardens and had closed shop in Westminster.  At least that is what I think has happened.

It seems unfortunate that there was no note or sign left to tell those of us who liked the nursery that it was over.  If not for the tight knit gardening/design/nursery community, I would have had to stumble onto the the scenes that you will see below.

I guess it's time to look on the bright side and to the future,  perhaps someone else will wade hip deep into the rough nursery business waters.   I do hope a garden and nursery will grow there again.  Time to spiff up the old chinchilla hut once more.

Best wishes to Jamie and Stacie.  Happy gardening as ever.









3 comments:

  1. I had no idea. I hope it was Jamie and Stacie that removed all the in-ground plants and not a developer. I wonder if the Heard's Garden Tour will continued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they had nothing to do with the Heard's Garden Tour. I was thinking about putting the front garden on. What about yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you join the tour. Mine is not ready for prime time. I've heard the rule of thumb is 45 minutes of stuff to look at, where 5 minutes is all that's needed here.

    ReplyDelete