Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween 2011

I'm not dressing up this year... I know I'm boring.  But it doesn't mean I'm not thinking about Halloween.  In fact to prove it to you I want to share one of my favorite "evil" plants Dyckia 'Black and Gold'.  With beautiful ox blood rosette leaves it's a lovely addition to the garden for sure. But it has an evil side, covered with fishhook spines that could make a grown man weep.  And pardon my French but it is the kind of plant that screws you on the way in and on the way out, if you can get out. And honestly I haven't found gloves that could make the job of working with this plant much safer, I usually as the English say "grasp the nettle". In any case one could argue that this Dyckia resembles an evil octopus or squid dripping in blood...Waa ha ah ah ah (evil laughter).

What's your favorite evil plant?  Here's mine.  Happy Halloween!


1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous color. Best admired from afar, eh?

    Talk about scary, Dyckias are it. I have not gone near mine since I planted them.

    ReplyDelete