Thursday, March 17, 2011

A path to concrete happiness

I finally did it! After weeks and weeks of having them out on the ground, I set my paving stones.   This is the third and final path through the front yard.  I went back and forth on how it should turn out.   Being in my concrete phase I decided to make the stones myself. And having nature held up in high esteem,  I settled on doing a reptilian theme, using reptile vinyls to create the patterns.  I experimented with acid stains and was very pleased with the results.

So yesterday,  listening to Miike Snow, and  drinking a beer in the afternoon sun,  I fixed those babies in place.  I'm happy with it, what do you think?


















8 comments:

  1. they look amazing!! love that cool sculpture too. so cool!!!! what a perfect day, good soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Your stuff looks cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's coming along. can't wait until we are really in spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are officially a concrete wizard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just need the appropriate hat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. are those concrete totems? love them! i made some using ceramic pieces. they are on my site somewhere. would love some diy on your concrete work! like a firebowl? birdbath? (not to be pushy or anything...) cool blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could whip up a bird bath in 10 minutes, just get in the game.

    ReplyDelete